A Staff’s Guide! Volume 3! (Pictureless)

Welcome back chap! I can assume you’ve followed my previous guides and survived! The following are some more tips and tricks to help make your job go smoothly!

The warnings given in prior volumes remain true. This advice is not enforced officially by anyone who is or was a member of staff outside that of it’s creator Jon E Goodmen upon its creation. Opinions and rules are always bound to change and this may become outdated in time. Readers are advised to stick “to their guns” before using this volume like a bible.

1) Be genuine.
Yes I’m sure this sounds like a sad excuse of a tip, but being a good staff member is 40% being yourself! Not to mention that if you are honestly yourself people may learn to trust you more, making players less likely to argue with a decision you may make!

2) Listen go higher up staff, usually.
It is quite true that you should listen to those higher ranked than you, but it should ALSO be noted that you are staff to follow the rules. Regardless of if a higher staff member tells you not to, if they break a major rule you should always report the staff member properly!

3) Be Fair.
Sometimes people have accidents. If you truly believe a single RDA on a person who has about 6hp killed by crossfire is an accident, then it would probably be in your moral opinion to just give a verbal. That is okay! You have to remember that although you need to enforce the rules you also need to be fair about them!

4) Sometimes you need to stop.
Sometimes there are a lot of rule breakers, it happens. Eventually it WILL stress you out. If you begin acting unfair and you or another staff member says you need a break, consider taking 10-15+ minutes away from being On-Duty (or Gmod) and drink something such as water or alcohol. One is good for you, the other numbs the emotional pain of being a hated staff member.

5) Sits are first impressions.
Always treat a sit as if you just met both individuals. Just because you know a player often breaks a certain rule doesn’t guarantee that the person did. As can be the other way around, you never know when the “star child” will receive a warn.

6) If you have given more than 3 warning to a person in a day, check his or her warns. The person may deserve a kick/ban/etc.

7) NEVER use commands without a reason!
Do not NoClip non-Staff ever! Do not set armor or hp ESPECIALLY OFF DUTY! Do not slay without reason! Don’t EVER spectate off duty either! This stuff appears in the logs and is staff abuse, you WILL get in trouble for that shit!

8) Don’t beg for a permission or command, don’t ask Head Admins for god as a trial mod, and don’t ask anyone to activate the nukes (except William or Nekon if they like you). The ONE acception is asking a higher up staff to ban someone if you don’t have a high enough ban number!

9) Before ever giving a punishment (besides a warn) check the Staff Rules for punishments! Good tip there!

10) Last extra tip here, if you are online, even if Off-Duty, try to stay on TeamSpeak. You CAN get I trouble for being on-duty and OFF TeamSpeak.

These were 10 more suggestions for new staff, until we meet again chap, I wish you the best of luck.

Empty

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
EMSRP Assistant Director
these hurt to look at
stop making these

i can assure you that as the record holder for longest lasting non necrophiliac staff member, everything that you've made on these are wrong
you are trying to make the next generation of staff retarded children

these hurt to look at
stop making these

i can assure you that as the record holder for longest lasting non necrophiliac staff member, everything that you've made on these are wrong
you are trying to make the next generation of staff retarded children
Like you’re a shining star example yourself. I even put on these things that they aren’t official or anything. So if the advice is bad they can ignore it. So if it IS bad advice and they follow it then that proves they were a dumbass to begin with. Now as much as I respect constructive critisism please keep any counter-argument in PMs if you feel it could cause an argument. If you convince me I’ll totally delete these.